Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Other Buzz Word


The more I live here the more I like the metaphor of a rock tumbler. That's what we are a bunch of rocks being thrown into this machine and being spun round and round. We run into each other and sometimes it hurts. Yet what we get in the end is something more beautiful than what we could be if we were on our own. Yes of course I am talking about…community. Yes, it sounds incredibly cheesy, but I do think that it’s true. I started this blog post about a month ago, and now I have forgotten where I was going with it.* However, it has really been on my heart for a while. Several things happened all at once that brought this topic so close to my face that I had to smack into it. Anyways, I guess that I just wanted to say that I thankful for the community that I had in Qingdao. Now I am acclimating myself to a new community, and while things are going well, change is hard.
*I know that’s not how blogs are supposed to work. You are supposed to write one in one sitting and then publish it. None of this begin one, stop, revise it, rewrite it, then publish it nonsense. I think that I am just too much of an English teacher to sit and write one in one sitting and be satisfied enough with it. I might also be too ADD to write everything in one sitting.

1 comment:

  1. Lies! Lotsa bloggers start posts and then revisit them later... they just pretend they don't. Me included. :D
    --your amiga Sarah

    ReplyDelete