Sunday, April 22, 2012

Great is His Faithfulness: An Account of the Father’s Provision


I think that the Father has been trying to show me that I can trust him. This entire school year has been a trust exercise, but throughout this past year, He has continued to prove Himself. Here are the many ways that He has provided for me throughout the past few weeks:

  • Stephanie and Monica were able to go to Hong Kong with me, so I was not stuck emotionally distraught and alone in a foreign country.
  • I went to the visa agency several hours before my passport was supposed to be done because I was at the airport to pick up a friend. Even though the visa situation was not what I would have wanted, being there early expedited the process. Since I picked up my passport early, I was able to go to the consulate that day. If I had waited until 4 o’clock, when I was supposed to pick up my passport, then I would not have been able to go to the consulate until Thursday, 2 days later, because the next day was a Chinese holiday. All of this would have elongated my time in Hong Kong.  
  • I was provided with emotional stability throughout this whole situation.
  • I had two friends with me who provided me with some wonderful distractions: shopping, going to the movies, eating good food, sitting on the beach, getting lost, and seeing the sights of Hong Kong.
  • It was actually significantly less expensive for me to leave Hong Kong on Good Friday rather than to wait until the next week.
  • I had a row of three seats to myself on the airplane, so I was able to lie down during the flight. I don’t usually sleep well on airplanes because I have to be lying down to sleep. Well, this was not a problem this time.
  • I was able to be with my family for Easter.
  • I have been able to see numerous friends and family members.
  • I got my letter of invitation, which led to my work visa. I will be returning to China on Saturday.
  • I will be able to finish off the school year.
  • I know that until I get back my students are in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment